There are several things you should do to ensure your WiFi signal is great:
- Placement: Move your router to a central, unobstructed location in your home or office.
- Test: You can use the range feature in the Starlink App to ensure desired coverage
- Starlink Mesh: Consider adding a Starlink Mesh Router to your network to extend the range of your WiFi signal. Starlink Mesh is sold on the store to active customers.
- Third-Party: You can also use a third party router or mesh system to extend your WiFi. An Ethernet Adapter is required for wired connections to third party devices and is available in the shop. You may not be able to utilize all features of the app when using third party routers.
Once you set up your Starlink, you can test your WiFi coverage with the Range feature on the Starlink App.
- The “Range” tool allows you to measure your Starlink WiFi signal strength in real time as you walk around your home and reports a summary at the end. This can advise where you may need to adjust router placement or place a mesh node.
- The “Network” tab allows you to view the signal strength of each of your devices connected to your WiFi.
- From Settings, there is an option to split the WiFi bands. The 2.4GHz band provides a longer range but may experience more interference than the 5GHz band. The 5GHz band uses shorter waves, which makes it harder for the signal to penetrate walls and solid objects (making the range smaller) but will encounter less interference.
Updated 6 months ago